Question:
does anyone know a pop group who sang vienna back in the eightys.?
LOON W
2007-05-15 20:07:23 UTC
i forgotten they name
Sixteen answers:
2007-05-16 14:10:35 UTC
Extreme Voice i.e. Ultravox!!

Absolutely brilliant tune. Easily in my top five songs of all time.

And one of the moodiest videos of the 80s to boot.

Kept off the number one spot by 'Shaddapa Your Face' by Joe Dolce. There really is no justice in the world!
2007-05-15 20:12:20 UTC
Ultravox
Karen And Ollie
2007-05-15 20:11:35 UTC
Ultravox
Sky
2007-05-15 20:21:13 UTC
Ultravox led by Midge Ure (who was also linked with Visage). It's from the album Vienna from 1983
shrndcksn
2007-05-15 20:18:14 UTC
Ultravox,Midge Ure was the leading singer,I think they missed the no.1 spot because of some silly song,in the 80's if I remember rightly.
?
2016-05-19 20:01:03 UTC
Blue Monday by New Order? It is very long, was a huge hit around 1982, and re-released again later in the 80's. I wouldn't have immediately compared it to Kraftwerk's The Model (which in comparison is quite minamilist in style ) but thinking about it I suppose there is more than a passing similarity.
duracell18
2007-05-16 07:12:13 UTC
Ultravox.
chip2001
2007-05-15 23:47:33 UTC
Yes, these answers are all correct, it was Ultravox featuring the great voice of Midge Ure.

Shrndcksn - the stupid song that kept it off number 1 was, I think, "Shaddup you Face" by Joe Dolce.
Stevie Tea
2007-05-15 20:33:20 UTC
Aye it was Ultravox, with Midge Ure singing
dedaliuswizz
2007-05-16 11:24:43 UTC
Ultravox but I did'nt know they played Jazz
2007-05-15 23:56:15 UTC
"Ultravox" fronted by Midgr Ure
Belle
2007-05-15 20:13:47 UTC