Question:
Give me some good jazz songs?
2007-05-13 19:09:03 UTC
Like slow ones,ones with a saxaphone,with singing,ect.No fast ones please.like the ones they would play at a resturant :)
Eighteen answers:
Maria B
2007-05-13 19:19:57 UTC
Anything Miles Davis or John Coltrane are good.

Take Five by The David Brubeck Quartet is a good slowish jazz tune.

Madeleine Peyroux is another great jazz artist. She's got some really good tunes.

Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, Louis Armstrong and Billie Holiday are all fantastic jazz artists.

I'm sure you can find what you're looking for with those artists.
murdoch
2007-05-16 09:55:07 UTC
Try the following for a start:

Norah Jones, Ive Mendes, Sitti, Lisa Ono, Stacey Kent, Dizzie Gillespie, Deodato, Yasuko Agawa, Workshy, Incognito, Beverly Staunton, Tuck&Patti, Sonia, Salena Jones, Bong Penera, Jazzamor, Bob Carlisle.
sugarpacketchad
2007-05-14 16:16:00 UTC
I like Thelonius Monk's 'Round Midnight

or Duke Ellington's Prelude to a Kiss

or Henri Mancini's Days of Wine and Roses

or Micheal Gross's Tenderly
killthepixelnow
2007-05-14 09:10:57 UTC
You can't go wrong with Miles Davis. There's a jazz bar in Lima in which the album "Birth of the cool" is played as background music so... that albums is incredible and is full of slow tempo melodies. If you want something for yourself I would recommend Kind of Blue from Miles or A love suprem from John Coltrane.
randyhuman
2007-05-14 22:43:29 UTC
Gato Barbieri (Ruby Ruby)

Chet Baker

Pete Fountain

Errol Garner

Joao & Astrud Gilberto (the Girl from Impanema)

Gabor Zsabo

Bud Shank

George Benson

Jean Luc Ponty

...to name but a few....
2007-05-14 15:27:06 UTC
COLE PORTER, Turk Murphy&Lu Watters, Scott Joplin, Jellyroll Morton, W.C Handy, Irving Berlin, Anything sung by Fred Astair, Bessie Smith, Ethel Waters, Eubie Blake>Memories of You<, a nice&slow version of LIMEHOUSE BLUES!
Honeyluv
2007-05-14 06:11:24 UTC
Sounds like you are into the contemporary Jazz. Try these:

Brian Culbertson

Nelson Randell

Jeff Lober

Micheal Linkton (sp)

Down to the Bone

Marcus Johnson
2007-05-13 19:30:41 UTC
Anything by Billie Holiday, nothing like her on this earth any more. Della Reese, Etta James. You might like Al Jolson, and who's that guy who does "Hand Me Down My Old Walking Cane?" I must be entering senility or something here, was that one of Louie Armstrong's classics? Ray Charles does both blues and jazz. You might want to explore the blues as well as jazz since you want the more mellow music and do audition "Leadbelly" and his amazing 12-string renditions.
Emmy
2007-05-13 19:22:37 UTC
I like pretty much anything by Billie Holliday, Louis Armstrong, or Duke Ellington for slower, mellow jazz.

Also, check out http://www.wwoz.org it's New Orleans' public radio station, and their live feed during jazz hours is a great way to discover stuff you haven't heard before.
agarovoy
2007-05-15 10:19:45 UTC
Look up Alex Toth and the Lazybirds on iTunes. They've got a real cool new sound, very solid originals. There's a singer, sax, trumpet, guitar, rhodes, bass.
2007-05-14 19:35:41 UTC
Songs are left up to opinion, with jazz. I prefer to recommend artists:

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Charlie Parker

Dave Brubeck

Duke Ellington (DEFINITELY!)

Glenn Miller

Chick Corea (sp)

and loads more...

Good luck!
idontwantasalad
2007-05-16 11:13:09 UTC
B'Bye - Chuck Mangione.

You can find it on his "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" disc.

Chris Vadala does some of his great (as usual) sax work on this one.
2007-05-14 20:42:08 UTC
"The Shadow of Your Smile"- So Far So Good (album)

played by James Morrison

It has everything you need... sax, slow... just no singing.
2007-05-14 17:13:19 UTC
- MY FUNNY VALENTINE, by Chet Baker

- FLY ME TO THE MOON, by Frank Sinatra

-TAKE THE A TRAIN, by Count Basie

- BIRDLAND, by Joe Zawinul

-SUMMERTIME, by Sarah Vaughan ( George Gershwin)

- ASE BABYE, by Beethova Obas

- E MENINA, by Sergio Mendes

- LAGRIMAS NEGRAS, by Bebo Valdes and Diego El Cigala

-DON'T GO, by Tania Maria
carin
2007-05-14 13:42:07 UTC
sade,sweet taboo,try Paul Hardcastel rain forest or any of his music hes the best.
2007-05-16 16:57:07 UTC
basically coltraine, rollins, parker,

one song that my school band played was

I Can't Get It Started
jodapoet
2007-05-15 15:07:21 UTC
Here's my favorite http://www.sonyholland.com
love_da_keys
2007-05-14 09:43:57 UTC
Dude BLOSSEM DEARIE is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!