Question:
What is the time signature of "So What" by Miles Davis?
Jesse B
2007-05-13 17:29:16 UTC
I need to transcribe this piece and I am confused about whether it is in 4/4 time (common time) or in 2/2 time (cut time). Does any one have any clues??? Much appreciated!
Three answers:
2007-05-14 22:41:38 UTC
It's in 4/4... just listen to the ride and the walking quarter note bass.
?
2016-12-12 01:06:59 UTC
Miles Davis Signature
happydog
2007-05-13 17:40:57 UTC
It's 4/4. Don't get distracted by the musicians' phrasing; follow the ride cymbal, when you're listening to the recording (which I hope you are!) and the truth shall be revealed.