Question:
Know a jazz song with lyric "take me in tender woman cried the snake" from an episode of Northern Exposure?
sugarsugar
2007-05-18 06:48:44 UTC
I woke up with the tune and a couple verses in my head to a song sung by a character on Northern Exposure a decade ago. The young, blond bartender's wife was pregnant and in this episode could only sing her thoughts. She belts out this jazzy tune "Take me in tender woman, take me in for goodness sake. Take me in tender woman, cried the snake." The snake cons the woman into holding him, then bites her. "Oh, why, cries the woman, for goodness tall me why. You know your bite is poisonous and now I'll surely die. SHUT UP, you silly woman, said the snake with a grin. You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in!" It's driving me insane trying to get a title and artist, but it's such a catchy tune and great story. Please help!
Four answers:
Lenky
2007-05-18 06:59:43 UTC
It's called "The Snake", by Johnny Rivers:

http://www.mjvn.co.za/peterbi/foolkill.htm
donelson
2016-12-11 22:26:48 UTC
Northern Exposure Songs
patricksrhythmicgirl
2007-05-18 06:55:45 UTC
"The Snake" was originally written and recorded by Oscar Brown, Jr., but it was also recorded by Al Green and Johnny Rivers. I'm not sure which version is used on Northern Exposure, but those are the artists that have recorded it.
therainbowseeker
2007-05-18 09:45:38 UTC
"The Snake" by Oscar Brown, Jr. I have it on a CD titled, "Live Every Minute"

My favorite song by him is "Dat Dere", reminds me of when I was a kid hanging out with my Pops.