Question:
Vibration Sound On Saxophone?
Milliniumljh M
2007-05-11 13:43:32 UTC
How can i make the vibration sound on saxophone while i am playing ?
Six answers:
Mesax
2007-05-12 23:30:21 UTC
Forget using your diaphragm. No doubt some people use it but is not common at all.

Forget embouchure also. You don't use your lip muscles to make vibrato.

It's all in the jaw. Basically it is an up and down motion. Easy as that.
2007-05-12 15:12:36 UTC
As mentioned already, there are two methods of doing this. The most commonly used on saxophone is achieved by varying pressure on the reed by loosening and tightening the embouchure. Before attempting it on your horn, try saying "wah wah wah." Your jaw moves down when you do this. If you make the same jaw motion while playing a pitch on your horn, you will get the beginning of a good vibrato sound. Once you get the pitch to lower and return, you can practice vibrato with a metronome to devolop speed and consistancy.
DragonOpinion
2007-05-11 13:58:26 UTC
If you mean, vibrato, there are several ways to do it.

Depending on the sound you desire and your embrocure control, you can either produce vibrato with your diaphram or by varying the pressure you put on the reed.

By using the diaphram, you can vary the airflow up and down. This produces vibrato based upon bouncing the volume up and down.

The embrocure method is the one i prefer because it causes vibrato by varying the pitch of the note.

I'm sure you can find out more by googling it. These aren't the "proper" names for the methods but they probably describe the methods more than the real names anyway.
?
2016-10-05 02:15:52 UTC
2 concepts for bobbing up a stunning vibrato: a million) commence by way of employing a softer reed 2) sit down in with the greats, i.e. play alongside with recordings by way of the likes of Coleman Hawkins or Ben Webster for tenor, Johnny Hodges alto, Sidney Bechet soprano
reedman
2007-05-14 13:17:18 UTC
Yeah, what they said (but not with diaphragm)

Also, make sure the "wave" you produce goes from the note - up - and back to the original note. Never go below the original note because the pitch will go.
2007-05-14 20:18:40 UTC
Try one of two things while playing: 1. shake your hips, or 2. jump up-and-down while playing. Works for me when I play my jug-flute.