Question:
Give me some festive jazz?
2007-05-17 19:09:02 UTC
I need some jazz like the ones they play in cruses and resturants.The ones with like trumpets,piano,and stuff.I like slow jazz too so give me some of those.I also would like ones with a guy singing.I forgot who this one guy tat always sings in jazz songs.He has like a happy mood voice lol wow ok anyways so yea please help me out and thanx :)
Six answers:
ii7-V7
2007-05-20 12:20:39 UTC
You better git it in yo soul - Mingus!
jayresupc
2007-05-18 04:41:19 UTC
The Rippingtons come to mind first. Their earlier stuff has a bit more of a caribbean flavor. Lots of instrumentation centered around Russ Freeman on guitar. It tends to be somewhere in between smooth jazz and new age. Quite good. Also check out Pat Metheny Group-"We Live Here" or "Still Life (Talking)" by the same group. Both are fairly accessible for the average jazz listener. It's mostly guitar/keyboard based jazz but these two albums also place emphasis on trumpet, percussion, and backing vocals. Hope this helps.
Darwin K
2007-05-18 15:34:02 UTC
Spyro Gyra have some good "cruise" style music. Look for the Incognito disc. Also the Rippingtons, especially the "Life in the Tropics" album. Grover Washington, Jr, and Ramsey Lewis/Urban Knights are also a good choice. Paul Hardcastle, Boney James, and Earl Klugh. For Earl Klugh, the "Wishful Thinking" albums rocks for summertime/cruise flavor.
shominyyuspa
2007-05-18 20:56:19 UTC
Listen to Arturo Sandoval. He might have the kind of music you're looking for. He's one of the greatest trumpet players ever.
Satchmo
2007-05-19 04:59:46 UTC
Two words -Stan Getz-

Nuff said