Question:
tips one the baritone saxophone lip-gripping? like how to put your lips on loose enough?
2007-11-01 20:51:31 UTC
cause i have played alto sax for a year, and i switched to baritone, and i need help with the lip-to-mouthpiece gripping. anyone play it and wanna tell me how to grab it with my lips?maybe a video link? so in short, how do you put the bari sax mouthpiece in your mouth the correct way? and how tight should your liggature be? thanks
Three answers:
2007-11-02 00:02:53 UTC
The embouchure is exactly the same as the alto, just bigger. You only need to put your lips as tight as it takes to make a seal. If you aren't sure, go get a private lesson teacher who can help you with this. As a beginner, you need that anyway, and will be much better off doing that, especially if you decide to seriously play the instrument. As to the ligature, it should only be tight enough to hold the reed in place. You don't need to tighten it like it is a bolt on the space station, just so that the reed doesn't slip when you play.
half-jaw
2007-11-01 21:12:16 UTC
ok ive been playing saxaphone for a while now and well lets put it this way

1.) instead of switching to baritone idve gone to the tenor but whatever

2.)its just about the same as the alto it doesnt have much of a difference accept the way it looks
?
2016-05-27 03:59:49 UTC
Yeah, If I'm told a secret my lips are sealed, and I expect the same if I tell a friend a secret.