Question:
in a' Asus 'chord ,"sus" is abbreviate of which word ?
2007-05-11 21:47:09 UTC
in a' Asus 'chord ,"sus" is abbreviate of which word ?
Eight answers:
Mark G
2007-05-11 21:52:33 UTC
Suspended. It describes a chord that has the interval of a third (like e in a c-major chord) replaced by either the fourth (typical)or second. This type of chord has an unresolved feeling and often resolves (if it does) to a triad with the same root like csus to cmajor.

By the way, sorrry, Aussie B, you got the name right but the rest of your answer is just wrong
jm
2007-05-12 04:57:17 UTC
A sus is an abbreviation for A suspended... something. Usually there is a number after the sus, such as Asus7. I don't think I've ever seen it as just Asus. Hope this helps!
Bunky the Clown
2007-05-16 04:32:29 UTC
It means "suspended". While different scale degrees can be suspended, if they use the incomplete "sus", it usually refers to a "sus4", in which the third of the chord is replaced by a fourth.

Note that this kind of chord is called "suspended" even if the voice leading isn't actually a suspension.
2007-05-12 09:00:50 UTC
suspended.

chord tailed sus has perfect fourth and theres no triad.

so A sus has D . it has no C.

These sus chords have cool sound and subtle feeling ( of course according to the flow)
Me
2007-05-12 04:49:29 UTC
Suspended. It means the chord continues to hold while other stuff is played over the top.
therainbowseeker
2007-05-12 13:22:29 UTC
Suspended. play the fourth instead of the third, or transition from the fourth to the third
2007-05-15 03:14:17 UTC
On guitar I believe A suspended would be

0

2

2

0