Question:
Instrumental Band?
annisenior
2007-05-28 05:18:52 UTC
I play in a non professional instrumental bad in a church. Non professional meaning less than 1% has had real training. My pastor recently asked if we should have a professional come in and assess the band. So my question is where would I find such a person and what is the typical cost for such a service?
Three answers:
reedman
2007-05-29 08:13:06 UTC
Pro musicians do clinics all the time. (for school bands etc.)

Call a high school that has a good band program. The music director should be able to put you in touch with some clinicians. (and give you an idea of price)

Hope this helps.
2007-05-28 05:26:07 UTC
i don't know the cost of such a thing, but it couldn't be too much. a local marching band director could probably do it.

you could start networking on myspace and try to find someone in that business there. that's one of your best bets.

otherwise, maybe the yellow pages the classifieds.
kevrigger
2007-05-28 05:27:14 UTC
At this point in your learning process try finding a nice guy in one of the local bar bands in town. These guys play every night for scraps, but they build talent unlike over night superstars. I would bet he or she would be honest an help full. Only the Jackson's start at the top. The rest of us work for it.