Question:
Can anybody suggest a good Guitar and Saxophone Duet CD?
armand y
2007-05-20 21:20:34 UTC
just plain sax and guitar without any other instruments backing up . . . thanks in advance for your input
Four answers:
powerfantastic7
2007-05-21 01:04:44 UTC
A good song is "Lily Was Here" by Candy Dulfer.
sokokl
2007-05-21 10:11:16 UTC
Try also checking Lee Ritenour because he will often use different artists on some of his projects. He has a new album out and I've only heard one of the songs off of it and I was impressed.

As for song, here's another one. This is off of The Rippingtons CD called Sahara and the song with guitarist Russ Freeman and saxaphonist Jeff Kashiwa is track #8.

You can also find it at Amazon.com or even at http://www.rippingtons.com

Also, the one artist that one of the posters was mentioning was Joao Gilberto
T J
2007-05-21 04:30:26 UTC
You want a top quality guitar and sax?

Get the Getz/Gilberto CD. Stan Getz was a master saxophonist, and Jose Gilberto was likewise great.. The CD is sublime.

http://www.amazon.com/Getz-Gilberto/dp/B000EFICP6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/002-8452568-1567233?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179721773&sr=8-4
Jack S
2007-05-21 10:45:29 UTC
Peter White and Dave Kos